I know that this is slightly a different type of post for me, but I wanted to take a moment, before we move away from the area, to recognize a very worth while ministry outreach in the Nowata / Bartlesville, OK area.
Over the course of the last 2 years or so, I have been privileged to know and work with Allan Cothran head of James Mission Nowata. They have just last week moved into their new facility in downtown Nowata. If you live in the Northeastern Oklahoma area, be sure to connect with Allan and come to the open house (date to be determined soon).
What exactly is James Mission?
“Religion that is pure and undefiled before God, the Father, is this: to visit orphans and widows in their affliction, and to keep oneself unstained from the world.” James 1:27 (ESV)
Below taken directly from their website: http://www.jamesmission.org
- Our Mission is to restore Hope through God’s Love and Grace by providing resources, encouragement and support to those in need.
- Our Vision is to equip communities to serve and care for Orphans, Widows, Foster and Displaced Families by providing resources, connections and training for immediate and long term relief.
- On average we provide for 60 children a week and continue to grow daily. It all started with just a few donations and a small table in our garage and now we have grown into our very own location that houses the Resource Center and the Visitation Center. Our visitation rooms are designed to give biological parents and their children a safe and family friendly environment for their visits together.
- And our newest project is our Mission: Loads of Love. Often when a child is removed from their home, it is with what they can quickly stuff in a trash bag. Clothes, favorite toys, books, even treasured keepsakes are left behind…..Sometimes forever. Loads of Love fills that mission. This is an ‘On-call’ delivery of filled suitcases/bags for kids who are newly placed into Emergency Foster Care.
- We have opened another branch in Nowata that is ran by an amazing family, Allan & Jennifer Cothran. They help meet the needs of those in Nowata and surrounding communities. To learn more about James Mission Nowata just click the link below.
Allan and his wife Jennifer have themselves adopted twin girls, are in the process of adopting a third, and hope to adopt a forth child whom they are caring for right now. They have a heart for children and families, not to mention, witness the love of Christ.
If you wish to learn more, connect with Allan today!
James Mission Nowata: facebook
Allan Cothran: facebook
Joey Reyes, Associate Director/Founder: email@example.com